What is PGDM?
PGDM - Post Graduate Diploma in Management is a master’s degree 2-year full-time program offered by VBS. The program is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and is also accorded Equivalence by AIU, with MBA Degree of an Indian University. This program has received NBA accreditation for academic years 2016-2022.
What are the specializations offered in PGDM?
VBS offers PGDM in the following specializations:
- Business Analytics
- Banking and Finance along with Financial Analytics
- Marketing along with Marketing Analytics
- Operations with Supply Chain Analytics
- Human Resource Management with HR Analytics
- International Business
- Entrepreneurship Management
What is the student intake for PGDM?
The student intake is 180.
How is the PGDM Course in VBS different from other Institutes?
- VBS’s PGDM course is a trimester-based program. Students gain an in-depth understanding of their area of specialization.
- The curriculum is reviewed and updated regularly by the Board of Studies. The board consists of industry professionals, alumni, and academics.
- We follow a progressive teaching pedagogy like case studies, projects, group discussions, lectures, and seminars. We also invite guest speakers from industry and government to help students find their footing in the industry.
- VBS’s high-calibre core faculties are Ph.D. holders from reputed institutes. Additionally, students and faculty members are motivated by distinguished subject matter experts, who are associated with us as visiting and adjunct faculty.
- Every subject is taught through live projects. Students are encouraged to engage in live projects to gain practical learning experience and understand the workings of the industry.
- The internship program of VBS is organized in two phases– the Summer Internship after completion of the first year for 2 months, and Management Internship Project, which is for 3 months.
- Program inculcates the concept of Super-Specialization wherein students undergo in-depth study in one of the seven chosen specializations of Business Analytics, Banking & Finance, Marketing, Operations, Human Resource Management, International Business, and Entrepreneurship Management.
- Students get a chance to practice their analytical concepts at the fully-equipped Analytics Laboratory
- There is a forum for Business Analytics to share ideas in the field
- There is a Department of Innovation & Research that introduces new research in their field.
What innovative pedagogic approaches make VBS one of the best business schools in Mumbai?
- The Institute has adopted a flip classroom concept, which concentrates on two levels of learning: self-learning and self-management.
- The academic curriculum is a healthy mix of practical learning and skill development. From the first day, students gain exposure to various skill development sessions such as communication, leadership, innovation, entrepreneurial orientation, and sustainability.
- VBS faculty employ a variety of teaching methods, including lectures, case studies, team projects, problem sets, presentations, company visits, etc. Also, students receive Alumni & Industry expert guidance and guest speakers along with other theoretical and applied teaching methods. The teaching method used in a class is the choice of the individual professor and is chosen to best facilitate learning for that subject matter.
- Students are assessed through a meticulous monitoring system of tests, mid-term, and trimester-end examinations to ensure their academic excellence.
- VBS organizes various knowledge-building events throughout the year. All these events are organized and conducted by students. This helps them sharpen their decision-making and managerial capabilities.
- Global immersion and social immersion are the core focus of VBS’s PGDM program.
- VBS has signed several MoU’s with International Universities - Zagreb School of Economics and Management, Croatia; Technical University of Cartagena, Spain; University of Highlands and Islands, Scotland, UK and Delaware State University, USA; Lincoln University, USA and ENAE University, Murcia It is for student and faculty exchange.
- The concept of social immersion is materialized through various community immersion programs, such as blood donation camps, awareness creation events, selling for a cause, and Yuva for Seva (the well-known community immersion program).
What type of Internship experiences do PGDM students get?
The internship offers an intensive learning experience to a student. They receive on-the-job training and corporate internships at various reputed organizations. This helps students gain experience of working in a business organization while grasping curriculum-related information. Student internships are generally offered for a period of 2 months as part of their Summer Internship Program and they also undertake a Management Internship Program of 3 months.
The Institute and Campus
What is the genesis of VES Business School?
Late Shri Hashu Advani, a visionary, chose the education field to build a strong nation. He felt that educated youth, with high moral values, can only build a strong nation. This thinking led to the formation of the Vivekanand Education Society (VES) in the year 1962. Today, the society runs 23 educational Institutions offering courses from Pre-primary to Ph.D. Since its inception, VBS has been quietly contributing to the growth of the Indian Corporate World by providing professionals for industry requirements.
How is VBS rated by various agencies?
- Awarded in the category of Leading Administration and Quality Management at the National Educational Excellence Awards and Conference 2020
- Ranked as Top 12th B-School in Mumbai by Times of India B-School Survey 2021
- Ranked in Top 76-100 Rank Band PAN India by NIRF
- Bronze winner in "9th Indian Management Conclave Award 2018" held at IIM Bangalore
- Best B-School awarded for Innovation in Teaching Pedagogy by 13th World Education Summit
- Ranked in Top B- Schools by Business Today
- Best Business School awarded by ABP News
- Best Emerging Institute in Management Awarded by DNA
- B-School with industry-related curriculum in Business Analytics by World Education Congress
- Institute with Best Placement Awarded by 9th National Awards in Indian Education
- Awarded as Most Upcoming B-School by ASSOCHAM, India at EduMeet 2019 and Education Excellence Award
- Ranked in Top B-Schools of Eminence by Competition Success Review
How does VBS foster academic excellence?
VBS fosters academic excellence through various global and industry collaborations. The following are brilliant examples of these collaborations:
- Technical University of Cartagena, Spain for Student & Faculty Exchange, Joint Research & Academic Activities; Joint Academic Programs
- Zagreb School of Economics and Management, Croatia for Erasmus+, Student and Faculty Exchange, Joint Research Activities and Academic Programs
- CSIM College of Business, Delaware State University, USA for Research Project, Academic Presentations, Academic and Industry Conferences, Jointly Develop Research Papers for Conferences.
- University of Highlands and Islands Scotland, UK for Joint Certification Program, Student Exchange, Conducting Lectures & Organising Symposia
- NISM for Joint Program on Securities Markets
- SME Chamber of India for Entrepreneurship
- RCF for SAP (ERP) Training and Consultancy
- Lincoln University, California, USA for Student and Faculty Exchange
- ENAE Business School, Murcia, Spain for Study Abroad Programs, Faculty and Student Exchange
- Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (IIBF) for Education Training in Finance
- NEN - National Entrepreneurship Network for Entrepreneurship Development Programs.
- SHRM India Pvt Ltd For aligning the HR curriculum and Master Certificate Course (Project)
- Asian Institute of Family Managed Business for Academic/Educational opportunities to students from FMB
- Auro University, Surat for Research, Teaching, Education in the field of Social Entrepreneurship
- Sri Aurobindo Society, Puducherry for Seminars, Workshops, Conferences, Research on Social and Rural Entrepreneurship, Rural Development etc.
- EDI (Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India) for Project Guidance Centre in Entrepreneurship and Business Management
- Multi Commodity Exchange of India Limited to explore and to conduct Interactive Sessions, FDP, Seminars, Conferences, Conclaves, Conducting MCCP Tests of the Exchange for Students, Certification of Commodity Professionals (MCCP) under MCX Certification
What are the salient features that identify VBS as one of the leading management institutes in Mumbai?
- Full-Time Course recognized as Equivalent to MBA by the AIU
- Analytical Subjects Additionally Offered in each Specialization
- Well-recognized Diploma in Banking and Finance (DBF) from the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (IIBF) and Master’s Certification from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) additionally in PGDM course
- Opportunity to receive the highly-respected 3 Google Certifications in Marketing
- Industry-relevant electives offered across all domains
- Communication, soft skills & Foreign Languages courses integrated into the programme
- 3 weeks community program
- Value-added workshops
- Directly mappable to job requirements, including latest tools & concepts followed across industries
- Management Research in association with International Institutes (Delaware State University - USA, UPCT - Spain and ZSEM - Croatia)
What is the faculty base of the Institute?
VBS’s high-calibre core faculties are Ph. D holders from reputed institutes. Our faculty members have always taken care to enliven topics with a variety of innovative pedagogical approaches, such as flip classroom, case studies, role-plays, project works, and a slew of non-classroom initiatives. The visiting faculty members are drawn from leading B-Schools, industry, and corporate companies. The visiting faculty contributes to a progressive learning environment by successfully interlinking various management theories with the contemporary world of work. Our adjunct faculty comprises members drawn from distinguished business communities and academics, and represent high levels of success and achievements in their respective areas.
What are the infrastructural facilities available for the PGDM students?
VBS sits on a 9-acre campus in the heart of Mumbai’s eco-friendly suburb – Chembur. The institute is well-connected to the City of Mumbai by road and railways.
VBS offers state-of-the-art infrastructure, which is envied by other business schools. Our campus is equipped with all modern facilities that provide a perfect setting for academic pursuits. The combination of world-class amenities, resources, curricular and extra-curricular activities goes a long way in ensuring a productive campus life.
Library: VBS has a well-equipped digital library with quality national and international books in different academic and other self-development areas. In addition to that, the library has an impressive subscription to a vast number of periodicals, including national and internal journals, and a host of online databases such as J-Gate and EBSCO and research database - Prowess IQ from CMIE. We have also subscribed to an anti-plagiarism software Turnitin for research. The library database is managed by SLIM - 21 software. VBS has gone a step ahead to procure kindle in its digital library.
Classrooms: The classroom is the altar of learning. Thus, all our classrooms are equipped with internet and advanced communication and audio-visual teaching aids. The classrooms are ergonomically designed to provide a great learning experience.
Data Science & Analytics Lab: In today’s competitive business landscape, organizations are keen to employ individuals with exemplary skills to transform the customer behaviour data, as well as product, industry, and business data into insightful and actionable information. The focus is on utilizing actionable information for strategy building and tactical decision-making to improve overall organizational competitiveness. Realizing this need, we have established a well-equipped analytics lab. The lab allows students to identify, gather, analyze, and interpret business data to solve various problems that they may incur in a real business environment. There are 100 student stations equipped with advanced and licensed software, and supported by a state-of-the-art IBM server. Students can sharpen their data analysis and interpretation acumen by practicing in the lab.
Wi-Fi Enabled Campus: The VBS Campus is Wi-Fi enabled, which allows students to browse online anywhere on campus using their wireless devices.
Auditorium: The in-house auditorium is equipped with high-tech facilities such as brilliant acoustics and multimedia aids. The auditorium is frequently utilized by students and teachers for seminars, panel discussions, meetings, gatherings, and discussions which happens in regular intervals.
Cafeteria: The cafeteria of VBS transmits vibrant energy with students politely exchanging their ideas and thoughts, as well as bonding over food and drinks. Bustling with youthful energy, the cafeteria is hygienic and serves nutritive food to students, staff, and faculty at affordable prices. The place also serves as a focal point for various activities such as brainstorming, and confidence-building for upcoming events, or relationship building among senior and junior students.
Yoga Cell: The Yoga Cell provides a relaxing interlude to students. We encourage students to seek inner peace and strength under the guidance of a trained yoga teacher.
VESLARC: This is a unique initiative of Vivekanand Education Society to create an environment of leadership ability through spiritual and psychological influence. We empower and train students, teachers, professors, support staff of schools and colleges, and parents of students to help build a society whose members are healthy, productive, creative, emotionally strong, and have high integrity, orientation towards excellence, and patriotism.
At VBS, we understand that attending classes is only a part of the academic experience; it is equally important that students become a part of campus and the community. Thus, we encourage students to sharpen their skills through various interactive activities such as debates, alumni interaction programs, brainstorming sessions, etc.
Admissions: General Question
Who can apply for the PGDM program?
The PGDM program at VBS is ideal for all motivated degree holders in India. This program offers a complete education in management. Thus, the admissions are open to candidates from various fields of study (engineers, science, commerce, arts, social sciences, etc.). Candidates with work experience or freshers can also apply.
Candidates pursuing their final year and who have applied for an entrance exam can apply for the PGDM program.
How can I apply for the program?
A candidate can apply online/offline.
What is the application form fee?
The application form fee is Rs. 1500/- inclusive GST which can be paid online/offline.
Once I fill the online application, what is the next step to be followed?
After filling the online application form and paying the application fees, you must upload scanned copies of all necessary documents through your login on the portal. On receipt of the documents, the form will be submitted successfully.
Can I list only my best test score?
You can mention your best test score in your application, however, providing details of other test scores helps us review your application better.
What is the admissions process for the PGDM program?
Eligibility Criteria: The program admits students with Bachelor’s Degree from any AIU recognized University with a minimum 50% marks aggregate. VBS accepts the CAT / XAT / MH-CET / MAT / CMAT / GMAT / ATMA test scores which are valid for the current admission cycle.
Once the online or offline application is validated with all required documents submitted, the Admissions team will match the eligibility based on the above-mentioned criteria.
Selection Process: The students are selected based on the following:
- Overall academic performance
- Management entrance test scores
- Performance in Group Discussion
- Performance in Personal Interview
The scores of all the four above-mentioned are aggregated for the qualification of candidates. Suitable weightage is also given to work experience.
Application Follow-up: Notifications about the final selection rounds, dates of joining will be communicated to you via call, email & message on your registered email address and mobile number.
Admissions: Work Experience
What is the desired length of work experience you wish to see in candidates?
Candidates who have work experience get an edge over others at the time of selection after their performance in the Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
When should I expect an update about the Group Discussion and Personal Interview round?
Interview scheduling is done on a rolling basis throughout the course of each application round.
Tuition and Funding
What are the fees for PGDM at VES Business School?
The fee for the 2 years full-time PGDM program is Rs. 6,79,500. This amount can be paid in 4 installments. The entire split-up of the fees is available under the PGDM admissions tab on the website.
What are the options for financing my PGDM education?
VBS is committed to making the PGDM Program accessible to all students. As our PGDM program is AICTE approved, securing bank loans to finance the program is easy.
Does VBS offer on-campus accommodation?
Yes. VBS provides on-campus accommodation in the form of boys hostel and girls hostel separately.