Today, we find a management college in every nook and corner of the city. It is good that there are various management colleges in the city. At the same time, it is a disadvantage as it causes confusion amongst the students as to which management college is better. Unfortunately, students also aren’t about the parameters that one should look upon while choosing an MBA college. After joining the college, they regret their decision as they do not get desired employment opportunities, or do not get sophisticated knowledge of MBA subject due to the lack of quality in teaching at these colleges. This article highlights certain parameters which are essential and are necessary to be considered when one wishes to shortlist an MBA college.
While shortlisting an MBA college that one wants to join, it is essential to check up on the following parameters, to see whether the MBA colleges have these:
1. Accreditation: In today’s times it is important to note that the MBA college should be accredited. Accreditation is one the crucial parameters as it validates the quality assurance of that particular institution. For example, while purchasing any item of gold , we always check for the hallmark in order to be assured about the quality, purity and authenticity of the gold. Likewise, it is very important for us to check the quality of education recognized by the accreditation bodies. If the student is beholding their degree from a well-recognized business school then the chances of him/her getting recruited by their desired employers are high. Therefore, nowadays students first see whether the college that they are going to enroll in is accredited and well-recognized. VBS is approved by AICTE and the course is NBA Accredited for their PGDM program. This program is equivalent to the Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree of Indian University approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Moreover, VBS is also a member of AACSB (Association of Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) , it is an international accreditation body. This accreditation given to the PGDM program of VBS makes it a well-recognized and most preferred business school for its education quality in the industry.
2. Rankings: The ranking of the college that one joins for pursuing their management degree is very important.Higher the rank, higher the chances of seizing a great package. Also,top-notch ranking assures excellence in the quality of teaching and faculty. Needless to say, our PGDM Program has won recognition in the marketplace for our superior quality of education,industry connections,student encouragement programs and career services.Our Institute has also won several awards are recognition. VBS has been ranked as Top 10th B-School in Mumbai and 62nd out of 100 Pan India by Times of India B-School Survey 2022. Our institute has been presented with Best Management College in Maharashtra for Placement 2021 by the Centre for Education Growth and Research (CEGR). Moreover, it has received a ranking of 11 under the Top B-Schools of Eminence category by Competition Success Review Magazine 2021.
3. Global Facilities: India is a global village today. Internationalization is the need of an hour and international exposure is extremely crucial in every field. It is important for students to therefore understand whether the college they wish to join for MBA offers global facilities. If the institute is recognised globally, the students get the opportunity to go on international exchange programs and do research globally..VBS has eminent Internation tie-ups which offers a distinct learning experience to it’s students.Our rich educational legacy and academic recognition have helped us build strong academic alliances with leading universities in India as well as abroad. At VBS, the PGDM program is tailored to industry requirements. VBS is a global school and has organized an international study tour to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, etc. Moreover, VBS has also signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) with many international Universities. The selected student receives an invitation from the International Office of the host University to visit and study at their campus. PGDM students at VBS have got the opportunity of studying one trimester as part of Student Exchange Program at University of Cartagena, Spain and University of Economics, Katowice, Poland.
4. Wide Range of Specializations: It is important for the students to choose a college that has a wide range of specializations.VBS’s PGDM Program is designed for the development of students overall. Our program offers a strong curriculum that focuses on preparing students for the corporate world and global challenges. Students also get trained for innovation and critical thinking, along with a strong mentoring program that will guide them for career development and placement.VBS offers full-time PGDM Program in five different specializations viz Business Analytics with additional 13 Analytical subjects, Banking and Finance with financial analytics, marketing with marketing analytics, operations with supply chain analytics and Human Resource Management . Additionally, students have the scope to receive three Google Certifications in Marketing and diploma in digital marketing. In the field of Finance, VBS offers Certification of Banking & Finance from Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (IIBF). In the field of HR, VBS offers Masters Certification from Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Green Six Sigma Certification is given to the students who are specializing in operations. The students who pursue their specialization in Business Analytics are awarded a certificate in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning. Analytics, being a booming market, students are taught with 5 Subjects of analytics included in the specializations of Finance HR Operations & Marketing While the Business Analytics specialization includes 15 analytical Subjects. Students also get to pursue three weeks of Foundation course.
5. Placement Assistance: Placements is extremely crucial parameters that should be considered while choosing your Institution. VBS has an active placement cell that works round the clock to secure top class employment opportunities for students. VBS has remarkable statistics when it comes to placements.Top-class recruiters from BFSI sectors hire a major segment from our PGDM batch. Students opting for E-commerce ,IT, Fintech also get successfully recruited as system analysts, project managers , etc byb renowned companies like TCS, Amazon, Accenture, Swiggy. Advertising & Media firms also visit during campus recruitments . Furthermore, Logistic & Real Estate companies like Lodha, Hiranandani Group, Runwal recruit our students for the role of Business Developers,Supply Chain Performance Analyst,etc. Some of the placement highlights of VBS are as follows: The average package is offered at INR 7 lakhs pa and the highest is 19.75 lakhs pa international for 2022. And highest domestic package is 12.41 lakhs pa. 350 plus multinational companies visit the campus for placement. Some of the top recruiters are Capgemini, Deloitte, Edelweiss Wealth, General Mills, Nomura, Reliance Jio, etc.
6. Scholarships: At VBS we focus on attracting the best talent. This is the reason why have a number of scholarships that are tailored to reward the most meritorious and deserving students. The top 5 students are given scholarships at VBS . In conclusion, it can be said these are some of the major things that the students must consider while shortlisting a MBA college. Other than these, the students may have their own specific requirements and needs which they can look for in a MBA college. The Student Exchange Programme enables students to understand the global business scene, and increase their competencies to survive and work in a globalized environment. As part of Student Exchange Program, a number of international scholarships are now available for eligible VBS students. Selected students get an opportunity to study at international partner Business Schools and Universities, or become part of research, joint research projects or exchange publications at VBS. VBS has always contributed to the tradition of academic excellence through its well-designed academic programs. We have always strived to honor students with brilliant academic records by providing them scholarships. A student who has scored brilliantly in graduation can approach us with the mark sheet and CET Score card, if he/she wishes to take advantage of this scholarship program.For weaker section of society there is a scholarship named “SAMARTHAN SCHOLARSHIP” that is available at VBS.
Students willing to apply for any scholarships need to intimate to the admission team for the guidance about the same.Every year the brightest students are awarded these scholarships and they start the beautiful journey of their career at VBS.
To conclude, these are some of the important points that one should remember while shortlisting a MBA college.
For further queries get in touch with us.
- Hetaal Palan